Tuesday 12 January 2010

171 Days to go: On the road to nowhere

The snow is beginning to melt but still not safe to go out on a road bike so today was about fine tuning the turbo training, or as Mark puts it - riding my bike nowhere. Managed to adjust the tension so am getting loads more resistance. After about 20 minutes had to slow down as I was literally going to throw up. This is not due to a lack of resistance but a niggle I suffer from. If I eat too close to strenous exercise I get painful cramps and have to get stop exercising to ease the symptoms. If I don't will end up with the food being evicted from my body one way or another. Family thing - a pain the arse! Still I know now not to eat too close to a turbo session (I usually only have problems running or on a particulary hard climb)

So today I burned 306 calories over 38 mins, average heat rate of 142, max 167. Best tracks were;

Interval / sprint sessions - keep revs high and sprint all out during chorus

The Prodigy - Breathe (all time top favourite interval session song - used a lot in spinning classes)
Kasabian - Stuntman

Resistance - keep changing up a gear with each change in verse / chorus to mirror a climb

Goldfrapp - Oh La La
Kasabian - Seek & Destroy

Really enjoying these sessions - is great to start off in a down jacket / hat / gloves and be stripped down to a summer cycling top and sweat band after 10 mins :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment