Thursday 21 January 2010

163 Days to Go: Caught Short

Think we booked what was possibly the last hotel in Alpe D'Heuz for the weekend of marmot. Phew! At least that is all sorted. Flights are booked. So just need to book a car, book the bikes on the flight and then train, train, train.

Down to shorts and t-shirt on the turbo yesterday. Did over an hour this time and really enjoyed it. Was sweating like the proverbial pig. Once I put the right track on I just find it really easy to push my self pretty hard. Just hope I feel the benefits when I (eventually!) get back on the road.

Anyway the geeky fact of the day (which I was told btw, didn't research myself) is that contador translates from spanish to english as "Accountant or Bookkeeper". Will remember that next time I am slogging up a col that I am a qualified "contador". (Wonder if that means I get to share a hotel room with Lance Armstrong?)

Now back to the ribble cycles sale. I need a new helmet, 25% discount, new contract landed today, say no more.....where's that credit card?

No comments:

Post a Comment