Thursday 14 January 2010

170 Days to Go: The thaw begins

At last things are beginning to thaw but the club, who haven't ridden since 21st Dec, are not planning a run this weekend as black ice is expected and minor roads are still treacherous. Training today was a 40 minute off road run in the snow. Great fun and beautiful conditions. The trail was so quiet that the only other soul I saw was a fox.

It is beginning to dawn on me now what a big ride I have signed up for. Reading what others are doing they are doing 3-4 hour weekend rides which makes me feel a bit off the pace. It also disturbs me when others react with awe when I tell them I have signed up for La Marmotte.....but then if you haven't done it yourself then the legend could be bigger than reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment