Sunday 17 January 2010

167 Days to Go: Black sunday

Black ice everywhere today! Tried to go out for a ride as temperatures have been around 0 to 6 degs for a week. What a disaster. Walked the bike to main road, which I was not bothered about as our road is never gritted. Main road was fine but as soon as I turned off the main road, on to a well used road in town, trouble began. You know it is not good when you hear cars skidding, and then next thing I knew I lost my back wheel. Luckily I was able to save a fall as I was going uphill. It just is not worth the risk so I went home and promptly got on the turbo. 48 minutes, average HR of 15o, max 167. Legs feel like I have done a proper ride with tough climbs. Getting restless now as really want to go out on the road. Could probably manage on a mountain bike but it isn't the same. Maybe tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment