Sunday 27 June 2010

5 Days to Go: Shipping Out

Well the bags are packed for the flight to Lyon tomorrow so it's no going back now.  I am fitter than I have ever been, developed muscle definition like never before and am pushing much bigger gears up the hills now.  I have had tears, laughter, tantrums, hard days, good days, thrills and spills.  Could I have done more training?  Without doubt.......if I didn't have a full time job and other commitments....and lived as a hermit to avoid those bugs. At times I have felt like my body (and sometimes mind) could not possibly take any more.  But that is all in the past now.  I can honestly say that I am looking forward to next Saturday.  I am looking forward to the challenge, the scenery, the atmosphere and most of all that sense of achievement when I cross the finish line at the top of Alpe D'Huez.

So next time I write will be the moment of truth.....


.....watch this space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment