Sunday 29 March 2009

New territory


Mum is recovering well from her op. No other tumours were found in the area removed - what a relief! More from the oncologist on Thursday to discuss the next step, which will probably be radiation therapy and then another full scan in a couple of months.

On the training front headed out on a new route yesterday. Put together a route using the map to extend an old favourite in a bid to put in a "longer" ride. Well, what a bizzare experience that was. Headed into Lanarkshire which really felt like the back of beyond. The countryside was beautiful in a wild rugged sense but was marred by fly-tipping (and seriously rough roads in places). On my travels a saw a double mattress, sofa, fridge and many many tyres all lying in the ditches. On top of that I had a mad farm dog going for my wheels, happened on a prison in the middle of the countryside and this was all before I got to Shotts.

Now Shotts was the most bizzare experience. I got really lost as I think most of the road signs had been stolen. I didn't really want to stop and check the map as didn't feel 100% safe. When I did find the road out of town , there was an ambulance, paramedics, police and a bunch of nosy neighbours (watching from a safe distance) at a not so nice looking house. Needless to say I wasn't stopping there for a spot of lunch in the sun!

All in all managed 3+ hours training. Topped that off with another 1.5 hours today and feel surprisingly good. Now the roast is on, cider is chilling the fridge and Mark is making rhubarb crumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment